Learn about our Paediatric Physiotherapy services
Anytime Physio provides patient-specific, evidence-based Paediatric Physiotherapy treatment for children with physical limitations and gross motor developmental delay. Our paediatric physios take a holistic and goal-centred approach to your child’s treatment.
Our paediatric physiotherapy appointments are all one to one between your child and an expert physiotherapist with special training in treating children.
Our paediatric physiotherapists are approved providers with Medicare, Private Health Funds and are eligible to provide physiotherapy treatment to children with NDIS funding who are self-managed or plan-managed.
CONDITIONS OUR PAEDIATRIC PHYSIOTHERAPISTS TREAT
Common conditions seen in children that benefit from paediatric physiotherapy treatment include:
Developmental & Neurological Conditions
- Chronic paediatric conditions including Cerebral Palsy, Juvenile Rheumatoid Arthritis, Spina Bifida and Down’s Syndrome
- Delayed gross and fine motor development
- Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Developmental checks for premature babies who are at risk of having developmental issues
- DCD (Developmental Co-ordination Deficit) where children have achieved most age appropriate skills but have poor balance and co-ordination
- Low muscle tone (floppiness) that affects posture and movement
- Increased muscle tone that causes stiffness
- Poor posture, core stability or balance
Musculoskeletal & Orthopaedic Conditions
- Torticollis – babies who tilt or rotate their heads to one side which can lead to a flattened area on the back of the head (positional plagiocephaly)
- Postural foot problems such as feet that are turned in or out
- Toe walking and other altered walking patterns (e.g. legs turned in or out)
- Scoliosis and other spinal pain conditions
- Growing pains (e.g. Osgood-Schlatter’s and Sever’s disease) related to growth spurts in pre-teens and teenagers
- Sporting injuries
- Chronic respiratory conditions including chronic cough, bronchitis, asthma, pneumonia, bronchiectasis, tracheobronchomalacia or cystic fibrosis
WHAT IS INVOLVED IN PAEDIATRIC PHYSIOTHERAPY TREATMENT?
Your paediatric physio will perform a thorough assessment of your child, set up short- and long-term goals and formulate the step-by-step physiotherapy treatment plan for your child.
The initial assessment consists of a series of questions relating to birth history, family history, development milestones and general information about your child’s likes and dislikes.
Paediatric physiotherapy treatment involves active sessions utilising play therapy to achieve the goals set during the assessment phase. We recommend parents and/or guardians to be actively involved in treatment as a home program will be prescribed to ensure treatment is continued
BOOK WITH ONE OF OUR PAEDIATRIC PHYSIOTHERAPISTS
Get started on your child’s treatment today by booking your appointment with one of our Paediatric Physiotherapists. Alternatively call of clinic on 07 3733 0944.