Access the expertise and knowledge of our physios from the comfort of your own home!
What is Online Physiotherapy?
Online Physiotherapy allows patients to receive the care and support they need from the comfort of their own home. Through video or phone link, our physiotherapists are able to assess and treat your injury. Through this innovative approach to physiotherapy and healthcare, Anytime Physio is continuing to deliver high quality and effective treatments for all patients
How does online physiotherapy work?
When you book an Online Physiotherapy consultation, you will receive an email confirmation with a link to join the video call. Simply click this link to join the video call.
- Your Physiotherapist will ask a series of questions about your problem to gain a thorough understanding of your condition, such as how it started and the impact it is having on your day-to-day activities. By the end of this discussion, your Physio will already have a very clear idea of the cause of your problem and the probable diagnosis.
- Following this, your Physio will ask you to perform some tests and movements to confirm the provisional diagnosis.
- Your Physio will then explain the diagnosis, design a treatment plan tailored to your condition, give you advice and simple tips that you can use to speed up your recovery and run you through your personalised home exercise program.
- You will receive your personalised home exercise by email and you’ll have access to videos demonstrating the correct way to perform your exercises.
Your Physiotherapist will advise you on the recommended follow up during your first consult. Follow up appointments involve assessing the effects of your previous treatment and exercise program, adjusting the program or exercises and continuing to progress you along your recovery journey.
What Type of Problems Can Be treated with Online Physiotherapy?
The majority of musculoskeletal conditions and sports injuries, post-op rehabilitation programs and some neurological conditions are suitable for Online Physiotherapy consultation. We know through the research that most injuries and conditions involving joints and soft tissue respond very well to the right type of exercise program and expert advice.
We have great results treating the following conditions with Online Physiotherapy:
- Low back pain
- Neck pain
- Jaw pain and clicking
- Shoulder pain and rotator cuff-related conditions
- Hip pain
- Knee pain (including ACL tears, MCL tears and meniscal injuries)
- Ankle sprains
- Plantar fasciitis
What Equipment Do I Need for Online Physiotherapy?
Anytime Physio uses Cliniko’s built in video conferencing system. When you book an appointment, you will receive an email with a link to join the video call. You can join this call from a desktop, laptop, tablet or smartphone. The device that you use will need a webcam and a microphone. Most laptops, tablets and smartphones already come equipped with these.
You will also need to have access to the internet to join the call.
What About The Hands-On Treatment?
Hands-on techniques only play a small role in helping you recover from your injury with the main benefits of Physiotherapy being experienced through expert advice, education and personalised rehabilitation programs carried out under guidance.
This puts you in much more control of your own recovery and in fact, research has shown that online consultations are equally effective as face-to-face sessions due to the empowering nature of the program.
How Much Does Online Physiotherapy Cost?
We understand that Online Physiotherapy can sound confusing at first. Because of this, we are offering a FREE Initial Online Physiotherapy Consultation so that you can experience the newest approach to delivering exceptional Physiotherapy.